A beautiful, remote little town on the central Oregon coast.
There is not a lot to do in Yachats, Oregon, but that is what makes this seaside hamlet such a great destination. Yachats is tiny, with a handful of seafood restaurants and shops scattered about the rugged shoreline. And what a shoreline it is. Yachats has ocean cliffs as well as sandy beaches, all of which are tucked into the hills above the town. There is also a shore path that gives people a sense of how powerful the Pacific Ocean is.
A few miles south of Yachats, the hills become mountains that rise high up from the sea. The road through this area known as Cape Perpetua, is simply spectacular. Indeed, Yachats is blessed with stunning scenery, and is a town that photographers and nature lovers alike return to often. If you come to Yachats, you will likely see why so many people fall in love with this little village on the central Oregon coast.
FAST FACTS FOR YACHATS, OREGON:
- Population (2000 census): 617
- Elevation: sea level
- Area Code: 541
- ZIP Code: 97498
- Distance from Portland, OR: 150 miles
- Location: Map of Yachats, OR
THINGS TO SEE AND DO AROUND YACHATS:
- Cape Perpetua Scenic Area--This unforgettable spot, a few miles south of Yachats, is where the Oregon Coast get particularly wild and rugged. Cape Perpetua has it all, from rocky cliffs to towering hills to dense rain forests.
- Heceta Head Lighthouse--High up on the cliffs of the Oregon Coast, Heceta Head Light has loomed over the coastline for more than 100 years. The views from the lighthouse are outstanding.
- Overleaf Lodge--One of the top lodging choices in Yachats, the Overleaf Lodge sits on the rocky shores of the Pacific, just north of the village.
- Three Capes Scenic Loop--Well worth the hour-plus trip from Yachats, the Three Capes Scenic Loop is a beautiful drive past ocean cliffs, sea stacks, and charming villages.
- Yachats 804 Trail--This scenic oceanfront trail meanders its way just north of the village of Yachats, past tidal pools, cliffs, and sandy beaches.
Click here for information on Bed and Breakfasts in Yachats.