Culture and natural beauty meet in this small Oregon city.
For a small city, Ashland, Oregon seems to have it all; beautiful mountains, an abundance of restaurants, lodging, and shopping, much in the way of culture and the arts, and a location that is just about perfect for outdoor recreation. Indeed, Ashland seems to be on everyone's "best of" list, including best place for outdoors people, retirees, and so on. In short, Ashland is one of the most desirable small cities in which to visit, or live.
Some points of interest around Ashland include the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Crater Lake National Park, and several top wineries. And for those who simply enjoy visiting attractive cities, Ashland is a beauty, with tree-lined streets, a peaceful downtown park, and a spectacular backdrop of mountains. If you are looking for a vacation destination that will please everyone, Ashland, Oregon is worth looking at.
FAST FACTS FOR ASHLAND, OREGON:
- Population (2000 census): 19,522
- Elevation: 2000 feet
- Area Code: 541
- ZIP Code: 97520
- Distance from Portland, OR: 285 miles
- Location: Map of Ashland, OR
THINGS TO SEE AND DO AROUND ASHLAND:
- Ashland Art Galleries--Ashland has a number of art galleries, and is considered one of the premier art communities in the country.
- Ashland Springs Hotel--This historic hotel has an abundance of charm and elegance, and is convenient to all that Ashland has to offer.
- Crater Lake National Park--This national park, a short distance from Ashland, is one of the most spectacular in the United States. Crater Lake lies in what was once a volcano, and is surrounded by high cliffs and mountains.
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival--Famous for its plays and performances, the Oregon Shakespeare Festival is just one of many cultural centers in the Ashland area.
- Wineries--Thanks to its mild climate, Southern Oregon has a number of top wineries and vineyards, including a few in the Ashland area.
Click here for information on Bed and Breakfasts in Ashland.